PRIVATE EQUITY FUND
EXPERIENCED CONTRACT MANAGER/LEGAL EXECUTIVE
MAYFAIR & WFH HYBRID
Our client is a leading real estate private equity firm based in London with investments across the UK and Europe. The legal team in London numbers c. 7 people and we are looking to recruit an additional Legal Counsel to join them.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the GC on all aspects of the operation of existing funds and co-investments as well as raising new funds. Your work will include a wide range of matters relating to funds, tax, FCA etc. as well as:
- Drafting and implementing investors agreements, secondary investors transfers and incentive terms
- Ensuring compliance and regulatory reports are up to date
- liaising with senior management team and investors
The role will not involve transactional or M&A work as the M&A/transactions are handled by other team members
- Either a qualified lawyer with prior in-house experience in the Funds/PE space OR a non-qualified but experienced legal professional from within the Funds space
- Experience in real estate funds will be helpful, particularly in the UK and Europe
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to tackle tasks pragmatically
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The firm has a great culture and a fantastic team. It is a great place for a robust, entrepreneurial and ambitious individual looking for growth and development. The structure is relatively flat and working directly with the very experienced GC (who is a also a long-time partner in the business) will provide lots of exposure to really interesting and diversified matters -you will work on a variety of different things at the same time and the team is collaborative and supportive.
The culture is relaxed, informal and friendly with a focus on philanthropy. Cultural and personality fit will be crucial for this hire, and you must thrive in the fast pace of private equity. The breadth of this role and proximity to strategic business decisions make this opportunity the perfect training ground for future General Counsel/Head of Legal ambitions.
The package will include base, bonus and potentially carry (plus standard benefits) and this is therefore a particularly attractive medium- to long term commitment. Please let us know ASAP if you are interested in this brilliant opportunity.
KL ref 2919