CONTENT LEGAL & COMPLIANCE
GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT ORGANISATION
LONDON / HYBRID
Our global entertainment client comprises many of the world’s most popular and iconic multimedia and entertainment brands.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join the Content Legal & Compliance team in London.
You will work with producers and commissioners to provide programme and online content legal advice on a broad range of issues including defamation, contempt, privacy, data protection and intellectual property (including copyright).
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising on both pre- and post-broadcast and online publication across multiple genres, including live output, current affairs and news programming.
- Analysing and balancing the risks involved in the production and publication process and identifying potential consequences including regulatory sanctions and/or legal liabilities.
- Collaborating with the rest of the Business & Legal Affairs team and the UK business to work within governance protocols, exercising appropriate judgement and seeking guidance or input from others (where required).
- Advising on regulatory issues including child protection and contributor duty of care issues, commercial references in programmes, election broadcasting and other matters that arise from time-to-time.
- Supporting colleagues with commercial compliance queries relating to advertising campaigns, sponsorship arrangements and idents, live events, competitions, cross-promotions and multi-media projects across all platforms and brands (including social media channels).
We are looking for a qualified media lawyer (solicitor or barrister). The ideal applicant will have experience of programme legal/regulatory compliance issues as they relate to the creation and publication of content in the public service and commercial broadcasting space. You will also have an in-depth understanding of media law and regulation including defamation, contempt, privacy, copyright, data protection and the Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and open environment where your talents can truly thrive!
KL ref 2887