SENIOR MEDIA LAWYER
6 YEARS’ PQE+
5 DAY WEEK
LONDON – WITH FLEXIBILITY TO WFH
Our client is a content specialist which encompasses sales and advisory services for television and feature films.
The legal team is established now and exceptionally collegiate and supportive.
The role we have is for a senior media lawyer who will work across the business on commercial deals and contracts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Negotiation, structuring, drafting and review of underlying rights, acquisition and distribution agreements, and all related legal documentation required by the international business.
- Review, analysis, advice and recommendations for all projects relating to acquisition and distribution of TV series (scripted and non-scripted and formats).
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance for the International TV sales team in relation to specific deals as the business expands.
- Provide advice on underlying rights, copyright and other intellectual property issues, compliance and regulatory matters as required.
- Assist with development and maintenance of templates and industry and legal developments.
- Timely completion of deals and contracting to a high standard in all territories.
- Deliver timely and high quality legal advice to the business in a practical and commercially focused way in relation to all relevant matters to reduce risk, resolve issues and maximise the opportunity for the business to deliver on its goals.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious lawyer with substantial experience in the Media/TV industry. You will have a minimum of 6 years’ PQE in the media sector, gained in a media practice at a top law firm and/or in-house at a broadcaster, producer or major studio. You will also have detailed knowledge of contract and commercial law; an understanding of IP (copyright) and competition law as well as sound knowledge of rights management and licensing. Expertise in television distribution and licensing agreements is essential in the areas of scripted and non-scripted TV series and formats, documentaries and digital media.
The team is friendly, capable and highly regarded – the business is growing rapidly and moving from strength to strength.
The interview process will commence at the beginning of December.
Job Reference: 2158
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House,Business Affairs Executive,Lawyer/Solicitor