LEGAL COUNSEL -SCRIPTED TV
NQ-4 YEARS’ PQE
We have an exciting opportunity for an NQ-4 year PQE lawyer to join this highly successful TV company.
You will work with the Head of Legal & Business Affairs on some of the most exciting and popular drama programmes currently being made. This is a highly creative and fast paced business. It’s important that you have experience in either the development or production process relating to scripted TV as there is plenty to get involved in.
* An instinctive negotiator with a desire to understand and execute complex deals
* A keen and hungry, creative commercial thinker
* Effective and diplomatic communicator
* Good knowledge of TV development, production and distribution ideally
* A knowledge of IP rights, talent deals (both US and UK), ancillary rights exploitation and new emerging business models and broadcast platforms
* Understanding of digital environment and potential opportunities within AV media
* Hard working and dedicated, flexible and committed
WHAT YOU’LL DO
* Support the legal (production and corporate) and business affairs operations
* Work alongside the Head of LBA to manage the production legal process and business affairs negotiations across the programming slate
* Negotiate with broadcasters, handle production or talent deals and distribution arrangements to ensure the best deals are being negotiated.
* Advise on financing, deficit, co-finance and co-production scenarios
* Advise on applicable aspects of guild/talent union contracts
* Work with the Head of LBA to ensure ancillary exploitation and branding opportunities are maximised
You will need to be willing to roll your sleeves up and work hard. This is wonderful opportunity to be part of a fun, innovative and award-winning company.
Job Reference: 2323
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House,Business Affairs Executive,Lawyer/Solicitor