PART- TIME (MIN 3 DAYS) OR FULL TIME
MAT COVER- JULY 2020 START
SOME TV PRODUCTION WORK
Our client is a well-known television company which makes scripted and non-scripted content. It has a wonderful reputation – not only does it create award-winning and hugely enjoyable TV content, it is known to be a lovely place to work.
A maternity cover has arisen for a TV lawyer to support on general rights related work across the group and with a particular emphasis on supporting its in-house Distribution company.
This is a 12 month contract initially (starting in July 2020) and both part time (at least 3 days) and full time options are available.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Drafting, negotiating and advising on the contractual documentation relating to programme and format Sales, to include:
o finished programme deal memos and licence agreements
o format option and license agreements
o VoD (both clips and full programme) agreements
o DVD & DTO agreements
o merchandising licensing agreements
o book publishing agreements
o Acquisition agreements for 3rd party content producers
* Developing and maintaining relationships with our client’s key buyers and content providers
* Advising on any underlying rights, archive and music clearance issues in relation to rights exploitation
* Responsibility for policing and protecting our client’s rights
There will also be the opportunity to provide support on development and production activity, to include:
* Assisting with negotiating and drafting underlying rights agreements including format licences and scriptwriter’s agreements. Negotiation of development agreements with broadcasters
* Assisting with negotiation of production finance agreements with broadcasters
* Assisting with advising on legal and business affairs aspects of production, including reviewing and advising on location, access and clearance issues plus talent and contributor contracts.
You will be a legal and/or business affairs specialist with at least 2 years’ PQE or equivalent of working in television distribution. Knowledge of the television business- including free to air, cable, pay and satellite TV industry, VOD and general entertainment industry and ‘new media’ developments will be highly desirable.
The business is informal with an open door and relaxed environment and the Legal & Business Affairs teams feel fully integrated within the group. The culture is very friendly, collegiate and supportive.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a fantastic business which produces highly acclaimed content.
Job Reference: 2232
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 12 MONTHS +
Job Start Date: JULY 2020
Vacancy type: In House,Lawyer/Solicitor