MEDIA LAWYER, TV DISTRIBUTION
6-12 MONTHS FTC
Our client is a global media content producer and distributor. They have an exciting opportunity for a Media/Distribution lawyer to join the UK team supporting the Rights arm of the business which handles the exploitation of some of the best scripted and non-scripted brands in the industry spanning drama, comedy, entertainment, factual, reality and family.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic media lawyer who will join the in-house legal team servicing the acquisition and licensing of rights across all commercial forms of exploitation.
Reporting to the Head of Legal & Business Affairs, responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating finished and format agreements
- Drafting and negotiating licensing and acquisition agreements
- Supporting the team on a variety of contractual matters relating to Rights
- Negotiate with licensees based on internal guidelines
- Working closely with internal senior stakeholders and their supporters on deals
THE SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL:
The successful applicant will ideally be an experienced Media or Distribution Lawyer with the following experience:
- Relevant industry experience including drafting television/VOD licensing agreements and format licence agreements
- Ability to prioritise and manage significant volumes of contractual workload
- Knowledge of intellectual property law relevant to TV distribution and the protection of IP
- Working knowledge of music royalties
- Strong experience of contracting with digital online platforms
- Experience of rights management database
This role is initially being offered on a 6-12 month contract however, it may lead to something longer term. Our client is also open to hybrid/flexible working arrangements.
Job Reference: 2403
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 6-12 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy type: In House,Lawyer/Solicitor