MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER
MERCHANDISING/LICENSING & CONSUMER PRODUCTS
SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL
MATERNITY COVER CONTRACT – UP TO 12 MONTHS FTC
TO START NOVEMBER 2019
Our client is a global leader in entertainment and is home to the world’s premier brands, connecting with audiences through compelling content across TV, film, online and mobile platforms.
This role is part of the senior leadership team who head up the business & legal affairs function globally for Location Based Experiences (LBE) and internationally for Consumer Products (CP).
The team is award winning and incredibly dynamic and successful at what they do.
As part of your role you will be responsible for the following:
- directly line-managing four members of the legal team
- negotiating and managing all International hotel, theme park, and meet and greet deals;
- managing all EMEA merchandise agreements;
- advising Creative with respect to regulatory, clearance and rights related issues;
- negotiating and managing all EMEA agency agreements and output;
- managing UK merchandise agreements and associated duties;
- managing the Master Licensee relationships for different territories;
- managing International home entertainment duties;
- managing EMEA CP digital agreements;
- advising the business with respect to copyright and trademark infringement and data protection matters and de facto manager of International Sightings and anti-counterfeit measures with the assistance of the NY based enforcement team;
- drafting and negotiating a wide variety of service agreements (e.g. consultancy, creative services and talent agreements);
- managing external counsel and contentious EMEA merchandise and LBE disputes; and
- providing ad-hoc commercial legal advice to senior stakeholders within the International Consumer Products division.
You will be comfortable and supportive in managing teams and developing people.
Experience of dealing with consumer products, licensing, US Studios, other major distributors and/or UK producers from initial deal negotiation through to long form negotiation and execution will be helpful, as will experience of broadcast TV, content delivery platforms (linear and non-linear) and all relevant technology.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled media lawyer to work in a growing global brand in an autonomous role, with great team management responsibility.
Job Reference: 2096
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House,Private Practice,Lawyer/Solicitor