1-3 YEARS’ PQE
GREAT BENEFITS & WORKING CULTURE
Our client, a popular commercial broadcaster, produces hundreds of hours of programmes. It produces content which is viewed all over the world.
Technology and data are at the heart of the company’s strategy for its consumer and commercial business areas. It is committed to using both efficiently and effectively in order to drive viewing, to help make its advertising more effective and to increase the use of its consumer businesses.
This role will provide legal support to the online advertising teams, particularly in relation to the procurement of IT services; data protection; data platforms; advanced advertising; the development of mobile apps and other digital products; the licensing of digital content; and research / analytics services.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To provide first class legal support for the legal function whilst working closely with the Direct to Consumer, Commercial and Marketing teams. This will include:
- understanding the business technology infrastructure and related contractual arrangements as well as negotiating and contracting technology agreements and services agreements including in relation to data processing, product development, hosting and support;
- advising on the compliance aspects of uses of data proposed by the business teams and providing legal advice and support in implementing the same;
- negotiating and contracting agreements with research and analytics providers;
- working with the Regulatory Affairs team and updating relevant business areas (including Direct to Consumer, Commercial & Marketing) on regulatory developments; and
- working collaboratively across the entire business on strategic projects and compliance.
- To develop and maintain a network of relationships across the business and externally to ensure a ‘joined up’ approach to the provision of legal services.
You will be a qualified commercial lawyer, or equivalent, with a minimum of 1or 2 years post qualification experience in technology and data. You may be making your first in-house move from private practice or you may already have moved in-house. You will be an excellent negotiator with experience of and an ability to foster and maintain strong relationships with key contacts (both internal and external) to the business.
As a skilful drafter of contracts, you will have a sound understanding of the applicable law and commercial parameters of deals, as well as strong attention to detail. You will be someone with commercial sense and a proven record in successfully and quickly concluding deals. You will be able to resolve problems under pressure and make rapid and accurate assessments.
You will be part of a friendly, dynamic and fun media brand that looks after its employees and appreciates the value of its legal support.
Job Reference: 2045
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House,Private Practice,Lawyer/Solicitor