TV PRODUCTION – SCRIPTED
LONDON / HYBRID
We have an exciting opportunity for a media lawyer to join this highly successful TV production company.
You will work with the Head of Legal & Business Affairs on some of the most exciting and popular drama programmes currently being made. This is a highly creative and fast paced business. It’s important that you have experience in the development / production process relating to scripted TV as there is plenty to get involved in.
- Work alongside the Head of LBA to manage the production legal process and business affairs negotiations across the programming slate
- Negotiate with broadcasters, handle production or talent deals and distribution arrangements to ensure the best deals are being negotiated
- Advise on applicable aspects of guild/talent union contracts
- Work with the Head of LBA to ensure ancillary exploitation and branding opportunities are maximised
- An instinctive negotiator with a desire to understand and execute complex deals
- A keen and hungry, creative commercial thinker
- Effective and diplomatic communicator
- Good knowledge of TV development, production and distribution ideally
- A knowledge of IP rights, talent deals (both US and UK), ancillary rights exploitation and new emerging business models and broadcast platforms
- Understanding of digital environment and potential opportunities within AV media
- Hard-working and dedicated, flexible and committed
This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a fun, innovative and award-winning company.
Job Reference: 2782
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy type: In House,Lawyer/Solicitor