LEGAL COUNSEL, PRIVACY
c. 3 YEARS TO SENIOR
GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
LONDON / HYBRID
Our client is one of the most recognised media brands in the world. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced lawyer to join the award-winning Privacy Legal Team in London.
The team provides Privacy advice to all of our client’s businesses and enterprise functions in over 30 countries.
The role involves advising on the collection, use, sharing and deletion of personal data to internal clients throughout the portfolio of companies, including enterprise functions (e.g. HR), Film/TV productions, direct-to-consumer and ad tech businesses.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working with internal clients, business lawyers and other colleagues across the globe to help ensure privacy compliance and risk management when implementing new initiatives involving the collection and use of personal data.
- Conducting privacy reviews of such initiatives and providing recommendations.
- Reviewing drafts of proposed new legislation, regulatory guidance or codes of practice and assessing the potential impact on the business.
- Monitoring legal, regulatory and policy developments in 30+ jurisdictions and working on projects to address new legal requirements.
- Privacy due diligence on targets for corporate acquisitions.
- Drafting and negotiating privacy and data security terms in contracts.
- Drafting user-friendly privacy guidance notes.
We are looking for a self-motivated, proactive and collaborative lawyer with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a passion for data protection and privacy. You will have at least 3 years’ experience advising on data protection matters, either in private practice or in-house. IAPP CIPP/EU preferred but not essential.
If this role is of interest please contact Kirsty at Know anyone suitable? We offer great rewards for referred candidates: https://www.kinsellalegal.com/kl-rewards/.
Job Reference: 2787
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy type: In House,Lawyer/Solicitor