JUNIOR LAWYER – INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER & DISTRIBUTOR
MEDIA/BROADCAST OR CORPORATE BACKGROUND
NQ-2 YEARS’ PQE
We have an exciting opportunity with our client who is a leading international broadcaster and distributor of thematic television channel brands across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
As Legal Counsel you will draft, negotiate and conclude contracts covering all aspects of company business, including but not limited to: corporate transactions; distribution of channels in worldwide territories; agency agreements; acquisition agreements; playout and TX agreements; language versioning agreements and advertising agreements. You will be required to work with a high degree of precision and accuracy, advising on all contractual and corporate, as well as regulatory and compliance matters.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Liaising with senior management, sales, programming, advertising, on-air and accounts teams on terms and the structure of commercial and corporate agreements.
- Drafting, negotiating (both legally and commercially) and concluding various contracts covering all aspects of company business.
- Advising on all legal issues including, contractual, corporate and regulatory/compliance matters.
- Where appropriate instructing and liaising with external legal counsel.
- Ad hoc duties as directed.
You will ideally be NQ-2 years’ PQE and can either be in-house or private practice.
If you have a media/broadcasting background and/or corporate background this will be of particular interest but is not essential (either in-house or private practice). You will be highly organised and a great communicator who enjoys working as part of a team.
Job Reference: 1925
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House,Private Practice,Lawyer/Solicitor