LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS COUNSEL, 3+ YEARS’PQE
ENTERTAINMENT AND MUSIC LAW
Our client operates at the forefront of the entertainment industry, from artist, talent and sports management to publishing and investments. The eclectic nature of the company’s business requires a multi-talented lawyer to join this dynamic enterprise. Although music law experience is important, you will need to be well versed in company/corporate law matters, as sole counsel to the business.
The ideal candidate might have trained at a top city firm, qualified into a corporate team and then made the move to a record label, music publisher or social media platform. Alternatively, you might be a second career lawyer or a music lawyer turned corporate/commercial lawyer. The key is technical excellence, commercial astuteness commitment.
You will deliver a first class legal and business affairs service and be involved in a really wide ranging role, including:
- corporate and commercial strategy planning and execution
- drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial and IP agreements (such as multiple forms of talent agreement, rights agreements, licensing deals, branding agreements, content creation agreements, clearances and releases, distribution agreements, production and co-production agreements, and procurement)
- equity investments, share issues, convertible notes (and the running of DD associated with such)
- providing GC functions to start-ups in our client’s investment portfolio
- company secretarial
- PR, marketing and brand development
- branding, advertising and endorsements
- some HR focus; and
- responsibility over external legal and professional services budgets.
The role involves constant problem solving, managing extensive and varied work streams, free drafting and lateral thinking to enable the business to compete in highly competitive, fast evolving industries. You will be approachable, commercially aware and resilient.
The right candidate will collaborate with and build relationships with key stakeholders, clients and external partners. This is a really exciting opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to work in a much sought after industry. We can consider more experienced candidates on a 4 day a week basis.
Job Reference: 2275
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: Lawyer/Solicitor