MEDIA OR COMMERCIAL/ IP LAWYER INTERESTED IN TV!
(NQ-2 YEARS’ PQE)
Our client is a much loved international television studio which has successfully grown an international format production and distribution business, headquartered in London.
We have a role for a TV lawyer in the non-scripted legal and business affairs team, supporting the VP of Legal and Business Affairs and ultimately reporting to the SVP, Business and Legal Affairs. The role will work principally with the non-scripted production labels.
The successful candidate will:
* Negotiate, draft and review development agreements, format licences, production commissioning agreements, co-production agreements, first look agreements, together with contributor, talent, location, facilities, supplier and access agreements as well as the full range of agreements in the context of television and digital development and production and the licensing of formats;
* Work closely with the VP, Legal and Business Affairs, Formats and Merchandising to support the negotiation, review and drafting of merchandising, digital and other ancillary exploitation agreements;
* Advise on underlying rights, copyright and other intellectual property issues, chain of title and clearance matters both in the context of UK and US rights-holders;
* Advise on UK and international compliance-related questions;
* Assist in keeping contracting processes current and effective;
* Generally, ensure all contractual documentation is completed to required standards.
You will be a qualified solicitor with good training and non-contentious drafting. Ideally you will have some experience in production and TV production agreements but if you just have a real desire to be in TV production with good commercial/IP drafting skills this will be enough.
The process will be moving quickly so do not delay in getting in touch with Kinsella Legal.
Job Reference: 2012
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House,Private Practice,Business Affairs Executive,Lawyer/Solicitor