NQ-1 YEARS’ PQE
Kinsella Legal is working with the Legal & Business Affairs division of this primetime TV client. The company makes and produces a range of non-scripted TV programmes and works with a selection of well-known talent.
Working alongside the business and legal affairs team and reporting to Head of Legal & Business Affairs, this role requires an individual who is passionate and enthusiastic about working on all aspects of non-scripted development and production including:
– Drafting and negotiating development agreements with broadcasters, access partners and talent and advising the development on any associated rights and compliance issues;
– Drafting and negotiating production agreements with broadcasters together talent agreements, contributor/contestant agreements, access and key location agreements as required for production;
– Providing day-to-day support and advice for production including running production kick off meetings, advising on filming queries and managing legal aspects of post-production clear-up;
– Providing comprehensive compliance support including preparation of filming protocols, undertaking compliance viewings, liaising with broadcaster compliance teams and advising on interpretation of the Ofcom Code and broadcaster editorial guidelines.
- Providing legal support in relation to issues of copyright & fair dealing, defamation and IP issues;
You will be a newly qualified/qualified lawyer (up to 1 or 2 years’ PQE). You will be able to demonstrate a keenness to move into this industry and area of law. You may have a broader media background and be interested in moving into TV, or alternatively you may have excellent training but not in the area of media and be very driven about transitioning into this industry.
The ideal candidate should be pragmatic, calm under pressure, diligent and be able to effectively manage a varied and demanding workload. You will be approachable and affable as a person. The team works very closely with its creative business colleagues and therefore cultural fit within a dynamic, fast paced and friendly environment will be paramount.
Job Reference: 1981
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House,Private Practice,Business Affairs Executive,Lawyer/Solicitor