LEADING ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
EXPERIENCED EMPLOYMENT LAWYER
6 YEARS’ PQE+
Our client is a leader in providing entertainment programming to the US and international marketplaces.
We have a great new 6 month fixed term contract to join the Employment team as an experienced and knowledgeable employment lawyer.
You will join a sizeable team of 5 and report to the VP. This is to help manage an overflow of work currently.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to HR, managers, including key business leaders, and other internal lawyers, both within and outside the US, regarding the full range of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues in the UK, EMEA and APAC
- Advise the business as a whole and, as appropriate, instruct outside counsel with respect to internal investigations, employment litigation and the employment-related aspects of acquisitions and dispositions of businesses
- Build close relationships with HR and Legal in order to foster a partnering approach
- Analyse and advise with respect to the impact of legislative changes on operations
- Develop and implement policies and forms applicable in the UK, EMEA and APAC
- Provide employment law training for HR and the businesses
- Train Production audiences on Respect in the Workplace
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced, high volume, matrixed in-house environment, demonstrating good business judgment, flexibility and self-confidence
- Demonstrable experience acting as a trusted business partner enabling businesses to measure and manage risk in a changing landscape
- The ability to be innovative and provide creative solutions to complex legal problems
- Thorough knowledge of UK employment laws. Knowledge of and experience with employment laws in EMEA and APAC is also highly valued
- Ideally, a minimum of 6 years’ experience practicing employment law
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Solid training in private practice and broad-based employment law counselling and employment litigation experience
- Experience in house (either in a permanent role or on a secondment) is beneficial, but not essential, as is media industry experience
If this is of interest please let me know. Given the current circumstances they are going to conduct initial interviews by Video Conference call.
Job Reference: 2213
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 6 MONTHS
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House,Private Practice,Lawyer/Solicitor