SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL
ENTERTAINMENT CONTENT ACQUISITION
4-6 MONTH FTC INITIALLY
Our client, a leading global media and entertainment company, is looking for a commercial lawyer with media and content acquisition experience.
This role will be working in a high performing team who are responsible for all of our clients content (entertainment channels, documentary channels, movie channels,etc). The team acquires rights (licensing in of content) from all over the world.
You will work closely with your commercial and legal colleagues in the UK and the EU.
You will be a qualified solicitor with high calibre training and demonstrable experience in-house within a media business.
- Top notch academics and legal background, with extensive post-qualification experience in content and IP (in particular copyright)
- TV licensing – experience of drafting and negotiating licensing deals with major studios
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal)
- Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver
- Sound business judgement and a proven ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced commercial environment on complex and strategically important projects
- Resilience, ability to cope with change, operate under pressure and in a crisis, pragmatism, farsightedness, and a solutions focused lens.
The team pursues the highest standards and demonstrates commitment, integrity and judgement. Through their work, the legal team helps to bring better content and innovation to all of their customers, always adding value.
Job Reference: 2266
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 4-6 MONTHS +
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy type: In House,Lawyer/Solicitor