COMMERCIAL LEGAL COUNSEL
HEART OF LONDON
MATERNITY COVER 7-12 MONTHS
MID-AUGUST 2020 START
We are working with a dynamic and global tech company with some very high profile brands. A position has arisen for a commercial lawyer to join the company in August 2020 on a maternity cover.
This is a Legal Counsel role and we are sourcing candidates with a strong commercial background to handle a range of fast moving, tech-focused matters both in the UK and internationally.
You will enjoy an extremely broad role across our clients’ entire product portfolio. This role will suit a commercial lawyer looking to branch out in-house into a more business centred role, and who enjoys being part of a small and dynamic team.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role will be to:
* Provide effective, reliable and user-friendly advice on legal issues and risks
* Advise, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts (including marketing agreements, ad serving contracts, aggregator contracts, billing agreements, white label agreements, software licence agreements)
* Work closely with the DPO on data protection matters
* Assist with corporate compliance across the group, including providing company secretarial support
* Deliver legal training to other areas of the business
* Manage external counsel as required
* Provide trusted advise to business leaders
You must have an excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial contracts and experience of advising on data protection, IP and liability issues. In order to be a good cultural fit, you will need to be resilient and comfortable interacting with senior management, and must provide advice confidently and effectively.
The work/life balance is very positive and the environment is fun, fast-paced and not at all stuffy!
The role will be for a minimum of 7 months (likely to be 12) and will start in mid-August.
Job Reference: 2227
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 7 to 12 MONTHS
Job Start Date: AUGUST 2020
Vacancy type: In House,Lawyer/Solicitor