FANTASTIC MARKETING & ADVERTISING COMPANY
LEGAL COUNSEL (1 YEARS’ PQE+)
COMMERCIAL / IP
GREAT LONDON LOCATION
Our client is one of the top marketing communications groups in the world and manages creative, media and digital agencies.
The highly regarded legal team now seeks a Legal Counsel to join them. You will provide broad commercial advice to a group of agencies that sit under the global brand.
Your role will include:
· Advising the UK agencies on all commercial legal aspects of their business, including conducting legal clearance, negotiating marketing services contracts, media planning and buying agreements, as well as other service offerings, including digital advertising and content and performance marketing;
· Drafting, revising and negotiating services agreements and other commercial contracts (such as Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, Licences etc.) for both clients and vendors;
* Coordinating, managing and drafting legal responses to new clients’ pitch proposals;
* Assisting the agencies in negotiating key talent agreements, production agreements, music licences and advising on rights clearance matters;
* Advising on contract and regulatory compliance matters, including data privacy, advertising clearance and
compliance, IP matters, software licensing and SaaS arrangements;
* Supporting the agencies in relation to disputes and litigation resolution and providing internal reports;
* Supporting in the coordination and management of multi-market agreements, including client master service
* Keeping up to date and ensuring awareness of current issues affecting the creative and media industries and their
implications on client contract negotiations;
* Supporting the development of legal precedents and best practices.
You will be qualified solicitor with at least 1 year PQE. You will have a good knowledge of commercial contracts and IP law (particularly copyright and trade marks) and excellent drafting and negotiating skills. You will ideally have experience of advertising clearance but this is not essential.
The team is very collegiate and supportive of each other. You will have a great work ethic and attitude and be flexible and willing to take on a variety of work across the group. You will be highly collaborative, approachable and an effective relationship builder, as well as pragmatic and a natural problem solver.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a bright and curious lawyer to work in a fast paced and interesting company where you will be offered great development opportunities in a diverse and challenging role.
Job Reference: 2107
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House,Lawyer/Solicitor