COMMERCIAL/IP LAWYER, 1-3 YEARS’ PQECREATIVE INDUSTRY – MARKETING
MATERNITY COVER TO START IN NOVEMBER 2019 – 12 MONTH FTC
We are delighted to be working with one of the Europe’s best known media groups to recruit a junior commercial/IP/media lawyer.
One of their business areas is a digital powerhouse that’s changing the face of an industry and revolutionising the way marketers deliver digital media. Every day they work with more than 400 blue chip companies in providing powerful marketing solutions that drive stronger results than any competitor.
As part of the legal team, you will provide the business with appropriate support to ensure legal and regulatory compliance and manage key legal risks. You will demonstrate commitment to and comply with all legislation policies relevant to the role and all activities undertaken in that role. You will actively develop and maintain strong working relationships with the business and foster a culture of excellent client service within the legal team, the business and across the business as a whole. You will work collaboratively with the UK and global legal team to share knowledge and maintain the highest legal standards.
You will be responsible for:
- Drafting, revising and negotiating service agreements and other commercial contracts (such as Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, Licences & Vendor Agreements) for both clients and vendors;
- Coordinating, managing and drafting legal responses to new clients’ pitch proposals, including RFPs;
- Supporting the business in relation to disputes and litigation resolution and providing internal reports;
- Supporting in the coordination and management of multi-market agreements, including client master service agreements;
- Supporting in developing legal precedents and best practices;
- Keeping up to date and ensuring awareness of current issues affecting the affiliate marketing industry and personalised marketing and their implications on client contract negotiations;
- Assisting in training the business as well as members of the legal team on commercial legal considerations and learnings.
You will be a qualified solicitor with 1-3 years’ PQE. This role will suit a flexible, unflappable and commercial TMT or IP lawyer with some experience of marketing. This is not essential and merely beneficial. You will have excellent knowledge of commercial contract and IP law, as well as solid experience of a wide range of commercial contracts. You must have excellent drafting and negotiation skills with the ability to assess risk, work well under pressure and know how to prioritise. This can be a demanding environment as you often have to balance competing interests of a range of internal clients. As such, you must be willing to roll your sleeves up to get the job done, which means being immersed in the day to day contractual negotiations. Flexibility and a willingness to take on work from the digital agencies and other business areas will be essential.
Our client promotes and expects collaborative working relationships and you will be instrumental in continuing to develop these strong interpersonal relationships with your colleagues.
Job Reference: 2141a
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House,Business Affairs Executive,Contracts Manager,Lawyer/Solicitor