CONSUMER PRODUCTS/BRAND LICENSING LAWYER
3+ YEARS’ PQE
12 MONTH MAT COVER (AUGUST 2020 START)
Our client is a leading entertainment brand which creates innovative products and experiences for families around the world.
A 12 month maternity cover role has arisen for a commercial lawyer with brand licensing and/or consumer products experience to join the Legal & Business Affairs team from August 2020.
You will support our client’s Consumer Products (CP) business across EMEA and be responsible for the drafting, negotiating and managing of Consumer Products contracts for a broad range of well-known brands. You will work closely with a Senior Legal Counsel (and paralegal) based in New York.
* Draft, review, negotiate and oversee CP licence agreements across EMEA with third party licensees and/or agents
* Draft incidental documents such as contract amendments, termination letters and notices of breach
* Provide strategic legal and business support and advice to the CP business team that is appropriately risk balanced
* Be an effective partner to senior executives and cultivate their trust and confidence
* Manage deals with risks and the long-term in mind, but without losing sight of the imperative to advance our client’s business
* Close deals – often with challenging deadlines
* Identify issues early and creatively solve them
* Assist additional business teams across our client’s licensing practice and work with lawyers in the wider legal department
There is flexible working on offer, including working from home a few days every month. The client is hoping to have its office doors open again in September but this will remain under review in light of the current pandemic.
You will be part of a small team of lawyers based in Berks but with a reporting line to the requisite legal team in the US. You will need to be comfortable working autonomously as you will have a remote working relationship with your direct line manager in New York.
You will enjoy a varied and commercially strategic role and must be comfortable building relationships across the business. We want to hear from people who are excited by a challenge and enjoy a busy work load in a friendly and inclusive environment.
Job Reference: 2236
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 12 MONTHS
Job Start Date: AUGUST 2020
Vacancy type: In House,Lawyer/Solicitor