COMMERCIAL & IP
LEGAL COUNSEL 1-3 YEARS’ PQE
Our media gaming client is seeking a qualified solicitor (1-3 years’ PQE) to help manage legal matters for its video game development and publishing operations in Europe. You will work at the cutting edge of technology with some of the greatest IPs in the world.
Reporting to the Associate Legal Director, this position will work closely with the executive teams, development studios and commercial teams to advise on legal, regulatory and compliance issues across a broad range of contracts, agreements and intellectual property matters.
* Draft, negotiate, review and interpret a wide variety of contracts including EULAs, software licenses, content licenses, vendor agreements and probably something new every day.
* Partner with business executives to discuss and implement best practices in the digital world and to creatively solve issues.
* Provide legal guidance throughout the company to minimise legal risk while helping teams accomplish their goals.
* Research and analyse legal issues, and especially keep abreast of new and changing laws affecting online business (e.g., data privacy, loot boxes, etc.).
* Review content of games and marketing materials for copyright, trademark, publicity or any other issues.
* Liaise and work with our client’s legal teams around the world.
* Occasional business travel.
Sales, brand and marketing functions; General Managers and others at development studios, licensing and merchandising teams; customer services, online team, QA and localisation; the legal team in the United States.
You will be a well trained commercial lawyer with experience in IP/Media related matters. Any experience in software or video games will be desirable, as will international experience. You must be able to work across multiple projects, with changing requirements and priorities and to tight deadlines. Strong drafting and project execution skills are essential as is a customer-focused outlook. A passion for or interest in trends in the video game/entertainment industries and online/mobile/digital worlds will mean that you will really excel in and enjoy the working environment.
This is a great opportunity for a commercially minded lawyer to work in a demanding and interesting environment where people really enjoy what they do!
Job Reference: 2106
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House