LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER
NQ-2 YEARS’ PQE
MUSIC EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Our client is a multi-faceted, forward thinking entertainment company. With offices in the UK and the US, they have a broad and successful reach including music, publishing, endorsements, film production, sports agency and audio-visual content creation.
They wish to hire a junior media lawyer ideally with experience in the music industry as their business affairs manager.
The role is based in London but there are also offices in LA and NYC, which will involve some travel (minimal in the current climate) and cross-jurisdictional responsibilities.
The work is dynamic, broad and interesting and includes some of the following activities:
- drafting and negotiating a wide array of commercial and IP agreements (such as multiple forms of talent agreement, rights agreements, licensing deals, branding agreements, content creation agreements, clearances and releases, distribution agreements, production and co-production agreements, and procurement);
- equity investments, share issues, convertible notes (and the running of DD associated with such);
- providing GC functions to start-ups in our client’s investment portfolio;
- company secretarial;
- PR, marketing and brand development;
- branding, advertising and endorsements;
- some HR focus; and
- responsibility over external legal and professional services budgets.
The role involves constant problem solving, managing extensive and varied work streams, free-drafting and lateral thinking to enable the business to compete in highly competitive fast-changing industries. You will be approachable, commercially aware and resilient. You will have a collaborative style with natural gravitas and must be able to build relationships with key stakeholders, clients and external partners.
Successful candidates will have excellent qualifications and credentials with stellar training from a top law firm and be newly qualified – 2 years’ PQE. You must have a good level of in-house legal experience with a music background. You may have worked for a record label, music publisher or with social media platforms and talent/influencers.
This role could suit someone in a music or TMT department in private practice or you might already be in-house.
If you are looking for somewhere that gives you creative license, leadership development and a dynamic and wide-reaching role, then please do get in touch.
Job Reference: 2242
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy type: In House,Private Practice,Business Affairs Executive,Lawyer/Solicitor