BUSINESS AFFAIRS EXECUTIVE/NQ LAWYER
ASAP START- 6 MONTH FTC INITIALLY
Our client produces critically acclaimed and gripping scripted TV content for the UK and global markets.
An initial 6 month contract exists for a Business Affairs Executive/recently qualified lawyer with TV production experience to join the business as soon as possible.
Our client has had a busy year with a number of development opportunities and post production matters to deal with. They are also looking to the future and have a select number of productions in the pipeline.
Reporting to the Head of Legal & Business Affairs, your key responsibilities will include:
* Drafting and negotiating a range of development agreements with supervision such as pitch agreements, treatment agreements, storylining agreements and writers’ agreements
* Drafting and negotiating a variety of production contracts under supervision including cast and contributor agreements in addition to third party releases and location agreements
* Reviewing scripts and locked cuts of episodes to identify clearance concerns and advise production and/or the development team accordingly
* Managing and updating production files and ensuring all legal documentation is signed and saved on the legal drive and/or wet-ink originals filed
* Updating and managing precedent agreements
* Co-ordinating and managing information received from PACT
* Maintaining legal databases, filing systems, status trackers and option diaries
* Managing the signature process for all agreements and circulating to the relevant people; and
* Providing general administration and assistance to the legal department.
You will have legal, business affairs and contracts experience ideally in television. It’s important that you are a good communicator with excellent organisational skills and with the ability to prioritise tasks. In addition, you will need to be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
The culture is supportive and collegiate. Our client has really looked after its employees in the current climate and this is reflective of the culture as a whole.Although the role is initially a 6 month contract, it is very likely to extend or turn permanent.
Job Reference: 2241
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 6 MONTHS- PERM
Job Start Date: ASAP
PQE: Paralegal/ Contract Manager,NQ-2
Vacancy type: In House,Business Affairs Executive,Lawyer/Solicitor