SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL TV ACQUISITION/PRODUCTION
SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL
TV ACQUISITION OR TV PRODUCTION
12 MONTH FTC
Our client is a leading independent distributor of television programming and formats.
A role has arisen for a talented Senior Legal Counsel (Maternity Cover) to play a pivotal role in its media acquisitions (Rights-In) business.
Our client is at the forefront of television content distribution, boasting a vast catalogue of diverse and groundbreaking content. They deliver top-quality shows to a global audience by collaborating with both internal and external producers to fund, develop, produce, and distribute TV content and formats.
As a Senior Legal Counsel (Maternity Cover), you will be a key player in the legal and business affairs team. Your role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities, with a particular focus on acquisitions, especially in non-scripted content (as well as some scripted content). You'll be stepping into a senior position, working closely with the Chief Legal Counsel and leading a dedicated team of legal professionals.
- Negotiate the acquisition of scripted and non-scripted programmes and formats, including high-value deals and those with complex rights issues.
- Draft and negotiate distribution agreements, tripartite agreements, and interparty agreements with financiers.
- Handle first look and output agreements with producers.
- Draft, review, and negotiate development agreements for scripted and non-scripted productions.
- Ensure efficient workflow management for non-scripted title acquisition.
- Provide advisory support on terms of trade, insurance arrangements, and commercial terms.
- Collaborate with the rights team on intellectual property matters.
- Offer general assistance and support to the legal and business affairs team.
- Minimum 6 years PQE in content production/distribution.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience in contract drafting.
- Previous experience managing/supervising junior team members.
- In-depth knowledge of UK legal framework and commercial practices.
- Familiarity with rights databases and contract management systems.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent drafting abilities.
- Confidence in liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Pragmatic and commercially astute mindset.
Central London, offering a blend of in-office and hybrid working arrangements. You'll enjoy the flexibility to thrive in this international-facing role.
If candidates are not based in or near London, our client can be flexible around office presence.
Are you ready to be part of a team that shapes the future of television content distribution? If so, please e-mail KL with your CV and any other information in support of your application.
KL ref 2967