PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE – NON-LEGAL ROLE IN BUSINESS
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE - BIOFUELS COMPANY
We are working with a well known biofuels business with extensive experience in building, owning and managing biofuel plants in the UK.
The team is growing and hiring a new Associate role, reporting to the Head of Planning. This is a non-legal role and might really appeal to lawyers with planning, engineering or infrastructure experience looking to step into business & industry.
You will work together with the technical, commercial and capital raising teams to support plant development. Whilst supporting the day to day management of multiple consultants to ensure a smooth planning processn you will lead in the preparation of internal memorandums to update/ explain progress and development to senior colleagues across the pipeline. You will also be involved in the review and drafting of planning documentation, ensuring a consistent and accurate message is communicated throughout the suite of documents.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Managing multi disciplined consultants.
• Preparing and reviewing planning documentation.
• Collaborating with the technical team to ensure design parameters are correctly/ consistently applied across all the planning documents.
• Internal reporting on all key updates.
• Conduct comprehensive research and analysis in relation to renewable energy investment opportunities.
• Prepare presentations and investment memorandums to summarise findings and recommendations.
• Support the project management and due diligence processes.
• Interact with internal teams and external counterparties to gather information.
• Stay up to date with industry developments and competitor activities.
• Adhoc analysis/ appraisal of potential investments.
• Experience in planning / engineering / industrial sectors
• Some knowledge of the renewables sector desirable but not required
• Ability to collect and synthesize large amounts of information
• Analytical rigor, reliable, accurate and with strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong project management skills with ability to work on multiple projects, to strict deadlines and in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Drive, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
This is a full time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Office presence in the South Kensington HQ is expected ideally every day, with work hours and culture being very flexible and supportive. An ideal opportunity for lawyers with relevant experience to move into a business/commercial role in a purpose-led, thriving sector!