LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS EXECUTIVE – TV PRODUCTION (DRAMA & COMEDY)
LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS EXECUTIVE
TV PRODUCTION (DRAMA/COMEDY)
An independent and highly successful TV production company are currently looking for a Legal & Business Affairs Executive to join the team.
This role reports to the Head of Legal & Business Affairs and would have the support of a Paralegal.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing business affairs and legal services across the development slate, which would involve negotiation of terms, making offers to agents, negotiating and drafting long-form contracts (covering script, book and development finance deals)
- Negotiating and advising on talent (actors and writers) clearances and deals
- Assisting with broadcast deals and tax credit arrangements in terms of managing the financing arrangements
- Providing support to productions during production (and post), including location/talent deals and services contracts
- Helping with the negotiation of production finance deals, and co-financing/co-production arrangements (including internationally)
- Reviewing and overseeing the work of the department Paralegal where necessary.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- An excellent understanding of TV guild agreements and broadcaster terms
- Recent experience negotiating agreements
- Resolving disputes and excellent negotiation skills
- Previous experience in Media Law (particularly TV industry), whether IH or Private Practice.
- Intellectual Property law knowledge, especially copyright and trademarks
- Tax credits/film or television financing experience
- Hard working, committed, flexible and energetic
Apply now to find out more about this exciting new opportunity!
KL ref 2871