ATTORNEY, ENTERTAINMENT, MEDIA DISTRIBUTION
1-6 YEARS’ PQE
Exciting Legal Opportunity in Media Distribution
Are you a legal professional looking to join a dynamic team in the world of media distribution? We have a unique opportunity for you to be part of an industry-leading media organisation that brings beloved content to a global audience.
Our client is a global entertainment company recognised for delivering captivating content and unforgettable experiences to audiences worldwide. Its dedication to quality and innovation has made it a leader in the entertainment industry.
A role has arisen for a commercial/IP/media lawyer to join the legal team in London, focusing on content, channel and digital distribution in EMEA.
As a Media Distribution attorney, you will sit within the heart of the Media Distribution legal team which supports our client's media distribution activities across a range of territories and digital platforms.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Content Licensing and Distribution: Drafting, negotiating, and advising on a wide range of content licensing, channel distribution, and digital transactional agreements, as well as agreements related to our client’s leading streaming platform.
- Legal Advisory: Serving as a trusted advisor to the business, providing legal guidance on media distribution arrangements and broader commercial issues.
- Project Management: Acting as a point person for ad hoc projects and contributing to the development of junior team members.
- Deal Management: Collaborating with cross-functional teams to structure and efficiently negotiate agreements while ensuring they are completed within agreed timescales.
- Additional Projects: Assisting with wider corporate and strategic projects, monitoring contract management processes, and liaising with functional support teams such as content protection and technical delivery.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Ideally a UK/common law equivalent legal qualification, but French/other EU qualified lawyers will be welcome to apply.
- Excellent academic qualifications.
- Experience in contract and commercial law with a strong understanding of copyright and other IP.
- Solid contract drafting experience.
A background in television and/or digital media, preferably in distribution and/or streaming will be highly desirable.
Our client values continuous improvement and development, commercial thinking and teamwork. This is a brilliant opportunity to work with experienced, collaborative and smart colleagues in a meritocratic organisation.